Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church is a growing, multigenerational congregation grounded in the history and heritage of liberal religion. We are young and old, straight and gay, able-bodied and not, diverse in color, ethnicity, and class. We walk varied spiritual paths to find meaning and purpose in our lives, but we are united in our belief in the worth and dignity of all people, and the obligation to express our faith through acts of justice and compassion. We come together in friendship and caring to support one another through the many changes of our lives, to give and receive both love and hope. We hope you’ll join us as we create a diverse, spirit-growing, justice-seeking community that is true to the ideals of each of us.
Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church is a religious community
that challenges us to grow in spirit, knowledge, acceptance and action.
We provide support and warmth in times of need and joy.
- Provide opportunities for personal growth, thought, learning, sharing, creativity, and listening.
- Offer a place to explore spirituality.
- Work toward solutions to social issues.
- Provide comfort and companionship.
- Welcome members as we grow in number and diversity.
Northwest UU Church is a congregation with a proud history of more than 50 years of service to the Unitarian Universalist community and to Southfield, Michigan, and the greater Detroit area. We currently have about 150 members, coming from Southfield, Oak Park, Royal Oak, Ferndale, Berkley, Huntington Woods, Detroit, Livonia, Dearborn, Farmington, and other Southeast Michigan communities.
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Service on October 26, 2014Gender Wrap UpStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 11:00 am
- Service on November 2, 2014Inequality, Rev. Kimi RiegelStarts: 10:00 amEnds: November 2, 2014 - 11:00 am
- Service on November 9, 2014Beloved Community, Rev. Dr. Alex RiegelStarts: 10:00 amEnds: November 9, 2014 - 11:00 am
- Service on November 16, 2014UU Principle # 1, Rev. Kimi RiegelStarts: 10:00 amEnds: November 16, 2014 - 11:00 am
Posted on: October 7, 2014
Open to the public: Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm; Wednesdays 7 pm to 9 pm. Pioneering Voices is a traveling exhibit including photographs and interviews with people of all ages who are transgender and some of their partners and children. Through first-person accounts and positive images, this exhibit seeks to challenge damaging myths and stereotypes … Read full article →
Posted on: October 7, 2014
Saturday, November 8 @ 5:00 pm. The Service Auction Committee has begun its work to plan for another great Service Auction event this year. Get your card counting and slot machine skills ready. This year's theme is Las Vegas: Viva Northwest! … Read full article →
Events @ NWUU
- Events on October 25, 2014
- Choir RehearsalStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 25, 2014 - 11:30 amLocation: Sanctuary
- Events on October 26, 2014
- Choir RehearsalStarts: 8:50 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 9:50 amLocation: Sanctuary
- Gender Wrap UpStarts: 10:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 11:00 am
- UNICEF Bake SaleStarts: 11:00 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Multi-purpose Room during Potluck
- Monthly PotluckStarts: 11:30 amEnds: October 26, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: Multipurpose Room/Kitchen